[ANN] Eduphant

От M. Bastin
Тема [ANN] Eduphant
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi all,

This has been announced over the regular announce list but I thought
I'd post it here as well since many novices might not have subscribed
to the announce list.

We have released Eduphant, a PostgreSQL Client targeted at learning
SQL and PostgreSQL, (but which can also be used as a programmer's
sidekick or a multi-purpose frontend).

It is what I wished I would have had when I started out with PostgreSQL.

Eduphant features

* query templates to quickly pick up the SQL syntax and logic,

* a help menu with links to key information on the internet, so you
no longer waste time finding your way around on the net,

* point and click entries into your next query from the results of
your previous query, and

* a "Log" field which shows you the inner working of the PostgreSQL
server while it executes your queries.

Eduphant is freeware and available now.  <http://aliacta.com/products.htm>

It requires Mac OS 8.1 and higher, OS X, or Windows 98 and higher.
We hope a Linux alpha version will be available soon.  It can connect
to PostgreSQL 6.4 but the current version 7.3 is recommended since
all help links are provided with that version in mind.

Enjoy it, (and the greatest database),

Marc    ;-)